Twitter turns 10 today, and if you’re not already using this powerhouse social media to help grow your business online, here are 10 important Twitter facts you should consider…
5 big stats about Twitter and small business:
- 70% of small businesses are on Twitter
- 85% of followers feel more connected with a small business after following them
- 67% of Twitter users are more likely to buy from the brands they follow on Twitter
- 42% purchased from an SMB because of something they saw on Twitter
- 74% of people follow SMBs on Twitter to get product updates
5 Tips for using Twitter for your business:
- Create a great Twitter profile for your small business (contact us and we can help you with that)
- Find out who the “influential people” are in your industry and start following them
- Grow and engage your followers – tweet on a regular basis (shoot for at least once a day), and retweet helpful tips, articles, resources and other information to your Twitter followers
- Track your results with Twitter’s analytics.
- Network with other like-minded individuals in your business niche.
If you use Twitter correctly, it can easily help your business grow for the next 10 years or more.
Search Engine People
DB5 + Twitter, “Customer Insight Study” 2014
DMR, Social Media Stats