Thank You for Shopping Small!
Small Business Saturday 2015 was a huge success — and we couldn’t have done it without you. In fact, more people participated in Small Business Saturday this year than ever before. Just look at some of these numbers…
- More than 95 million consumers shopped at small businesses on Small Business Saturday, marking an eight percent increase from 2014 (according to the Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey, released by the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) and American Express).
- More than 4,100 Neighborhood Champions around the country created events in their communities for Small Business Saturday — an increase of 48% over last year.
- Over 425 organizations joined the Small Business Saturday Coalition – an increase of 11% over last year.
- Total spending among U.S. consumers who were aware of Small Business Saturday reached $16.2 billion at independent retailers and restaurants on the day, an increase of 14% from $14.3 billion in 2014 (according to the Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey).
- Among those who shopped on Small Business Saturday, 31% attended a community event on the day and 81% encouraged family and friends to support their local small businesses.
- Plus, it was obvious that consumers and small businesses were committed about making Small Business Saturday 2015 a huge success — in the month of November, there were 85 million social media engagements in support of Small Business Saturday.
All-in-all, this was a big day for small business. Even President Obama shopped small, at a bookstore and ice cream parlor.
Here at hibu, we’re proud to have been a part of it — and we wanted to say “thank you” for helping make the day the success it was.
(If you have a minute, take a look at the great video saluting small businesses.)